Look at these! They are pretty and pretty harmless. Keep an eye out though, and don’t eat them!
Make sure you give these ones mush room as you walk around our school! Below is some info from the best site ever, woodlandtrust.org;
Fly agaric has a bright red cap with white spots and white gills. It can grow to 20cm across and 30cm tall and has a savoury smell.
Cap:scarlet or orange colour, sometimes with white wart-like spots.
Gills:white to cream located under the cap. Closely packed and not joined to the stem.
Stipe(stalk): white with a brittle texture. The base has a bulbous volva (cup-like base from which the stem emerges) with shaggy rings of scales around it and a large skirt.
Spores:white and oval.
Not to be confused with:the blusher (Amanita rubescens), which is of similar shape, with a pale, reddish-brown cap and cream spots.
Famous, enchanting and highly toxic. Fly agaric is the home of fairies and magical creatures and a lover of birch woodland, where it helps trees by transferring nutrients into their roots, but if eaten can cause hallucinations and psychotic reactions.
These fairy tale mushrooms are highly toxic.
Written by LW
with help from woodlandtrust.org